[Ubuntu-US-CA] April Ubuntu Activities

Grant Bowman grantbow at ubuntu.com
Mon Apr 5 21:21:25 UTC 2010

Hello Nevada,

I just had a great conversation in #lvlug using Freenode IRC and
wanted to follow up and introduce myself.  I've been on the
lvlug at lvlug.org mail list since February getting a feel for the
group's activities.  While I don't get to Nevada
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NevadaTeam as often as I would like I am
interested in attending a meeting sometime.

As many of you are probably aware, Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Lucid Lynx is
about to be released on April 29th, 2010.  The Long Term Support
versions come every two years.  This picture helps explain it better
than words can.  http://www.ubuntu.com/products/ubuntu/release-cycle
Many activities take place around each release.  Global Jam
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGlobalJam activities just wrapped up and
release party planning is under way.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReleaseParty  Ubuntu Open Week is an IRC event
in #ubuntu-classroom on Freenode designed to give people a way to
learn more about Ubuntu and is being planned right now.  This will
take place during the week of Mon, May 3 - Fri, May 7, 2010.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOpenWeek

My personal participation focuses on the California Team and local
linux user groups in the San Francisco Bay Area but all Local
Communities (LoCo as Ubuntu calls them) share interests.  So I am
pleased to be able to participate here and extend an invitation to
visit our LoCo if you are curious.  I have copied this email to our
California mail list.  I am happy to participate and do what I can to
help out and support all efforts of the existing Las Vegas team and
those willing and able to step forward in Nevada (and else where) to
organize events, large and small.  Planning an event is less difficult
than it sounds.  This would be an especially good time to take a look
if you have any interest at all.

Regards,

Grant Bowman
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam