[Ubuntu-US-CA] Flaw #1

Mark Terranova mark at gidgetkitchen.org
Thu Sep 24 11:01:13 UTC 2009

Flaw #1 California Loco needs to represent the actual Local Community.
Are we creating an environment that welcomes all to join? We need more
diverse voices. We are privileged men & primarily white. IMHO this has
lead to our current situation. A small roadbump (that's all this is!)
We don't need to restructure, reform or tear stuff down

>I believe that we all have this LoCo's best interests as a motivator
 I agree with Robert. Let's acknowledge that everyone has noble
intent. I suggest a brief cooling-off period. Let us step back & take
a few deep breaths. We have public channels to provide input,
feedback, & other communication. We can help resolve these issues
fairly. People's concerns will not be left unresolved.

The important goal is not to avoid disagreements or differing views
but to resolve them constructively. - Ubuntu CoC

Since our active membership does not reflect our state's diverse
population; we can only bring a limited perspective to the table.
Again - just a small temporary roadbump.

Let us sort out these issues amicably & look to the future.  There are
more great things we can do if we share the spirit of Ubuntu.