[Ubuntu-US-CA] SoCal Karmic Launch Party

Jess Bermudes jbermudes at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 22:36:18 UTC 2009

Hey guys,

NorCal has been awesome in getting their stuff all planned, so I
figured it's time for us to start hammering out some details for our
shindig. In the last meeting Neal mentioned that we won't have it
until a few weeks after the release to give time for the servers to
cool down / any major issues to be resolved that may made it into the
final release.

 - From a purely traditional standpoint, Saturdays seemed to have been
the best day for the most amount of people. Anyone think that has
changed?

 - There was some talk of either doing lunch followed by an
installfest, or installfest followed by a dinner. Chapman seems like
an excellent venue for this sort of thing because of the proximity of
food places near campus where we have some space for more
installfest-related activities, but if someone knows another awesome
place, speak up.

And as far as a specific date, I'll leave that up to you guys, I'm bad
at picking that :-)

 - Jess