[Ubuntu-US-CA] Countdown Image

Darkwing Duck ubuntu at darkwingduck.org
Mon Oct 19 19:33:48 UTC 2009

Okay. What you have to do is setup each image (or file) to mimic each day. 01.* 02.* etc. Then make your .htaccess file and put the following.

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{TIME_DAY} >1
RewriteRule ^.*countdown\.png$ %{TIME_DAY}.png

Put the .htaccess into the folder where the images are. You do not have make an image for countdown.png as it will auto redirect. The downfall to this method is that you can only use it a month out. But, it works for what we need it to do.

Now, what I have not tried 'yet' is to make the *.png redirect to a js file. Maybe that will work I don't know.

Maybe ill try it when I get home and see it it will push a js. Worth a shot.

DW