[Ubuntu-US-CA] T-Shirts

Grant Bowman grantbow at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 02:22:33 UTC 2009

Ernest,

Thank you for starting off this conversation.  Raga-wear.com has
proven it's ability to produce shirts.  Thank you Troy, Nathan and
Abhejit for responding to the list with your encouragement.  I am also
willing to purchase a couple shirts for myself.  Thank you Neal for
creating a wiki page for the project.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Projects/Shirts

Since we had a busy meeting October 4th I've added shirts to the
agenda for this Sunday, October 18th.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Meetings/09October18  Ernest,
you and I talked about this on the phone a bit.  We will need to
decide:

   * shirt color & artwork
   * numbers for each shirt size

The first step is to agree to a design.  To begin discussion, I
propose we simply use black t-shirts with a small team logo
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Projects/Logo on the front left
"pocket" location and a larger logo on the back for artwork.  I think
it makes a bold statement with the California bear and represents the
state team well.  The raga-wear strap on the sleeve is a nice touch.
Feedback from CLS indicated the sizes of those shirts ran about one
size smaller than expected.

Feedback on this idea and other ideas are encouraged.  Ideas from
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Official are certainly possible.  All
of them are layouts using the logo, the word "ubuntu" in the
appropriate font and strap line "linux for human beings" in different
layouts. The "lozenge" container shape is the shape of the stickers
one gets from Canonical which are rounded on the left side and squared
on the right side.

Grant Bowman