[Ubuntu-US-CA] LoCo Contact Forwards

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Thu Oct 1 12:46:48 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 2:29 AM, Grant Bowman <grantbow at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 2:31 PM, Neal Bussett <neal at bussett.com> wrote:
>> We recently discussed your tendency to forward everything from -contacts
>> to -us-ca, and how it's not a good policy to have.  Yesterday and today
>> you continued in the same manner, so I've set your messages to be
>> moderated on the mailing list until this can be resolved.

I don't understand this limitation. Teams are *encouraged* to pass
this information along to their members since the -contacts list is
primarily for the loco organizers. In this particular example,
California (like many states in the country) has a lot of folks who
are willing and able to do translations, so this email is very
on-topic and something that I'm sure a lot of people have forwarded to
their teams.

Honestly, this threat and follow-through of moderation makes me very
reluctant to post anything to this list for fear of being reprimanded.
This discouragement of contribution is not good :(

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com