[Ubuntu-US-CA] SoCal Karmic Launch Party

Nathan Haines nhaines at ubuntu.com
Wed Nov 11 22:31:27 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 14:15 -0800, Neal Bussett wrote:
> Let's do lunch followed by the installfest.  We haven't done it this way
> before, and it'll allow us to get together and catch up before we have
> to get down to business at the installfest.
>
> Lunch would be more of a chance for our team to celebrate and socialize,
> and then the installfest would be for everyone else to show up and
> learn, install, etc.  Everyone, of course, is welcome to come to lunch.
>
> So, first-cut times would be like 1130 to 130 for lunch, and then 2 to
> 6? 7? 8?pm for the installfest?  What's everyone think?
>
> Neal Bussett
> Ubuntu California

I like noon to 12:30 for lunch, although depending on where we'll be
going, we might want to get reservations or at least call ahead.  I
think 7 or 8pm would be a good target, since people tend to linger at
meals, and we want to have adequate time to research problem.s

One note, I know that the issue of meal cost has been raised in the past
and the last place (which was delicious and had superlative service!)
didn't quite manage to address that.  As a former starving student
myself, perhaps we can keep this under consideration as we choose a meal
venue?

--
Nathan Haines <nhaines at ubuntu.com>
Ubuntu California Local Community Team