[Ubuntu-US-CA] Grub 2 & Upstart Links

Grant Bowman grantbow at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 05:23:34 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 10:03 AM, Aaditya Bhatia
<aaditya at dragonsblaze.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 8:25 AM, Jason Heblack <jason.heblack at sbcglobal.net>
> wrote:
>> Is the list moderated? I am new to this list after just trying ubuntu. I
>> had an issue with karmic so now am on LTS 8.04. The issue was with grub2
>> and I'm wondering if it's a real bug that should be reported.
>>
>> Should I submit this issue as a real bug or not necessary?
>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1312798&highlight=grub
>
> Hi Jason,
> What you posted on the thread sounds like a real bug report. I'd encourage
> you to file a bug against the package grub2 on this issue, since that never
> hurts. Type at the command line: `ubuntu-bug grub2`.
> If it's not a real bug, they'll figure that out and close the bug
> accordingly. If still in doubt, the folks at #ubuntu-bugs will have a more
> convincing answer.
> If you're having difficulties connecting to IRC,
> try http://webchat.freenode.net/ .
> --
> Aaditya
> http://www.dragonsblaze.com/

Hello Jason,

Looking at "dpkg -l | egrep grub" it says that grub2 is a dummy
package, so filing against grub-pc is probably best.  I concur with
all the rest that Aaditya wrote.  While an older chat system, IRC has
become an unparalleled resource in the Open Source world and
specifically in the Ubuntu community.

Grant Bowman
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam