[Ubuntu-US-CA] Jaunty Links

Nathan Haines nhaines at ubuntu.com
Sat May 9 04:14:34 UTC 2009

Grant Bowman wrote:
> You mean the CD covers from
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Projects/CDSleeves ?

Those're the ones!  :)

> Just to be clear, you are not objecting about
> wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam are you?  I'll put the www.ubuntu.com
> link in the disclaimer / redirection message.

I'm saying that the CD sleeve provides a lot of info, but it's basically
a summary of the CD that a LoCo member--probably at a booth at a
Linux-related event--just custom-burned and hand-folded into the sleeve.

I think it's self-evident from the URLs themselves that www.ubuntu.com
is the website to go for Ubuntu info, and that the really long one with
"California" in it is where to go to find out about the LoCo team.  I
don't think there's much room for confusion about what the pages are
for, and even if there were, I think the pages are self-explanatory and
confusion wouldn't survive for long.

I think the CaliforniaTeam page should do what it does best--give
information about the LoCo and its activities.

--
Nathan Haines
Ubuntu California Local Community Team