[Ubuntu-US-CA] Saying hi, first post

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 01:59:03 UTC 2009

hi,

I live in San Francisco, CA, and I am making a documentary film about FOSS
using only FOSS tools.  The name of the movie is the Digital Tipping Point.
I am running Hardy or Intrepid on all of my machines used for the movie.  I
am also a volunteer sys admin for a local public middle school in San
Francisco, where we have built a Xubuntu lab out of used computers.  This is
a really poor school, so they had no money for Microsoft Windows for the
kids, although the teachers use Microsoft Windows.

The Digital Tipping Point is being built in an open source fashion, meaning
that I am giving up control of the "source code" (raw video) by posting it
to the Internet Archive's Digital Tipping Point Video Collection, where we
have already posted 100 hours.  We consider our footage to be a community
asset, and so I hope that you all use it and enjoy it!

http://archive.org/details/digitaltippinpoint

I was referred to this list by Grant Bowman, so thanks for that, Grant!

--
Christian Einfeldt,
Producer, The Digital Tipping Point