[Ubuntu-US-CA] Jaunty Release Activities

Neal Bussett neal at bussett.com
Sun Mar 29 19:39:03 UTC 2009

Howdy All,

It's that time of year again.  Jaunty is being released in less than a
month (the beta was just released for those who want to take a peek).
And it's time for us to start pinning down what we want to do to
celebrate its release.  We've already thrown around a few ideas at the
past few meetings.

I'm happy to say that our LoCo is going to be having at least two
(and likely at least three) events this year all over California.
If nothing is currently planned in your area and you'd like
something to happen, be sure to speak up and we'll see if we can't
put something together.

So far our events are hazily defined as followed:
1: A party (likely dinner somewhere) in the southern LA/Orange counties.
2: A release party in the Bay area.
3: An Installfest (in LA/Orange county area) a few weeks after the release.

1 and 2 are the earliest, and most pressing.
Where would you like to have them?  When?  We've got a pretty good idea
what we want to do for 1 (have dinner somewhere), but less of an idea
for 2.

Feel free to get creative and step outside the box.  Even if we don't
use your idea this time around, there's always another release just
six months away.

Neal Bussett
Ubuntu California