[Ubuntu-US-CA] A Talking Point - Linus uses Ubuntu

Larry Cafiero larry.cafiero at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 16:06:30 UTC 2009

Hey, Grant --

Just throwing in a couple of cents: Framing the talking point around Linus'
talking about ease of use -- where Ubuntu excels -- might be a better than
simply saying "Linus uses Ubuntu" because the point of Caitlyn's blog, I
think, is that ease of use is of primary importance to Linus.

Also in other interviews, Linus has said on more than one occasion that he
uses Fedora because, if I remember reading correctly, he runs a PowerPC G5
(and he mentions using Fedora on in this blog as well). As a PPC user, I'll
resist the temptation to rant about how it's wrong for distros to abandon
the PPC architecture, but perhaps the most important thing is to stress the
talking point of "ease of use" in this article as well as Linus' oft-quoted
dictum that the OS should be invisible.

Sorry I missed the meeting last night. I had connectivity problems at
$DAYJOB.

Larry Cafiero