[Ubuntu-US-CA] User Group Link

Larry Cafiero larry.cafiero at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 01:56:17 UTC 2009

Hey, Ubunteros --

I am in agreement with what Grant writes below -- nice work all around,
Grant -- but I'm especially in agreement in regard to directing people to
LUG meetings (which, ideally, will be properly attended by Ubuntu LoCo
members) because in the short, medium and long run, it benefits Ubuntu and
any other distro or FOSS program that takes the reins on this issue.

Yes, I have a "vested interest" in this facet of what is written below as
one of the organizers of Felton LUG, but also my interest goes beyond just
the  LUG. That interest lies in promoting FOSS in the greater scope of
things and making sure newcomers aren't confused about what Ubuntu is (or
what OpenSUSE or Fedora or Mint or OpenOffice.org is, for that matter) and
the parameters that organizations like Felton LUG work hand in hand with
groups like the California LoCo to uplift FOSS in general and [fill in the
blank with your favorite distro] in particular.

Having said this, Grant is right when he asks that a link to "local
meetings" or "get involved" be returned to the wiki in some form.

Larry Cafiero