[Ubuntu-US-CA] OSCON Booth Planning

Jack Deslippe jdeslip at berkeley.edu
Mon Jun 15 04:11:48 UTC 2009

Darn, I didn't see this email until I sent mind.  Hope you don't mind.
In order to stay organized, I will paste the text of my other email here
so people can respond to this thread.

Here is a quick summary of what I would personally like to contribute to
the OSCON table and my opinions on the questions about the booth that
are still under discussion.

----------------
I would like contribute the following:

A video showing off the ubuntu desktop (compiz / look-feel / etc) and
key apps that can be run on the ubuntu desktop (OO.org, Firefox/Hulu,
Wine, Banshee etc).  I will upload the video to youtube tomorrow; so,
people can comment on it and we can improve it.  I can provide a 22 inch
lcd screen (at least) to show this on if it is accepted.

I will print a large reusable banner.  I would like to discussion the
dimensions of this and where to get high resolution stock ubuntu images.

I will contribute up to $60 for power as it is obviously necessary for
my video demo idea.

---------------
About the major questions of interest:

Should we have network: -1  (I don't think it is worth $400 and
hopefully enough smart phones are present)

Should we have power: +1 (I think this is absolutely necessary to have a
professional looking booth)

Should the space be split 50/50: +0  If it is possible to do it so that
it does not misrepresent Ubuntu as being a local group or a casual
organization than I am for it.  If it takes away from the professional
aspect of the booth, I am against it.  Which ever way it is decided, I
pledge my time both days to help make the Ubuntu and LUG booths be a
success.

Should LUGs be promoted: +1 At the very least Ubuntu's booth should hand
out flyers and perhaps present a poster showing locations of places
where you can get help in the California area (i.e. LUGS).

Cheers,

Jack