[Ubuntu-US-CA] OSCON page updated; discussion topics from last meeting

Neal Bussett neal at bussett.com
Thu Jun 11 21:34:24 UTC 2009

Robert Wall wrote:
>  * Internet and power at the booth: we would have to pay for both. Some
> people think we should do that; some people think we should use a laptop
> or two for demonstrative purposes but focus more on talking (it's
> cheap!) to people.

>  * What resources do we need to bring? Ubuntu CDs (how many, what
> flavor), tables, computers, handouts, etc.

I don't think power is necessary for a successful booth.  I think we can
get by with a batch of CDs and some good literature.

We'll need to find and pull together the literature (handouts, etc).
These will also be able to be used in the future as well.  We often talk
about providing fact sheets when we do presentations, for example.

As far as the selection of CDs, we'll just have to cut back our variety.
 Probably cut AMD64 out entirely, just stick with Desktop CDs, and 90%
Ubuntu?  something like that.

Obviously the numbers aren't important at this point.  But I think a
simplified booth that focuses more on talking it up and less on showing
it off can certainly be successful.  Not having computers also gives us
more room to work with, and increased options for table arrangements, etc.

Neal Bussett
Ubuntu California