[Ubuntu-US-CA] Possiblity of sharing space with Ubuntu-CA

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu Jun 11 20:21:03 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 01:06:14PM -0700, Robert Wall wrote:
> Re: http://lugod.org/projects/oscon/ , I note that Grant isn't "running"
> the Ubuntu California table. Joe Smith has been liaising with O'Reilly
> and doing the organizing, and as for the rest of us... "I thought we
> were an autonomous collective." A minor oversight, but I decided to
> point it out so nobody wonders why there are a bunch of people putting
> their oar in!

Sorry about that, that was my misunderstanding.  I guess I misremembered
something from an in-person discussion during one of the LUGOD meetings
Grant came to.

I've corrected that, and added a note about the current status of our
discussions.  :)  Lemme know if anything there is incorrect.

In the meantime, since sharing space with Ubuntu-CA at OSCON is nothing
at all like a 'done-deal', I'll talk with Marsee from O'Reilly to see
if she can think of any other .ORG booths that might also be able to help.
(Again, if not sharing space, then at least helping us get flyers out.)

Thanks!

-bill!