[Ubuntu-US-CA] Possiblity of sharing space with Ubuntu-CA

Grant Bowman grantbow at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 09:48:11 UTC 2009

Hello Bill!

I saw your postings to the many LUG mail lists I am subscribed to.  I
am sorry I have not been able to respond to each one on each list, but
having one discussion here makes sense.  We talked about this briefly
a couple times when I visited Davis for meetings.

When you say share space, exactly what are you proposing?  banners?  handouts?

For our own planning we are finalizing the purchase of electricity for
the .ORG Pavilion booth #4 (not free this year), thinking about giving
out CDs (both prepared by us individually and burning images on site)
and scheduling who will be at the booth talking about the latest and
greatest in the Ubuntu spheres.  We queried the Canonical led
Ubuntu-Marketing mailing list but have not heard back anything about
Canonical's presence.  We either have or will request a conference
pack from Canonical for some shirts, stickers and fliers.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuAtConferences  Currently we fall into
the "Pack B" Category but we are working to get California "Approved"
soon.

Just before Oscon there will be a Community Leadership Summit headed
by Canonical's Community Manager, Jono Bacon.  He's been quite busy
with audio and video casts these days.  More info is available from:
http://www.jonobacon.org/2009/04/12/community-leadership-summit-2009/

As for LinuxWorld (linuxworldexpo.com, this old URL still redirects),
our group at our last IRC meeting (and Larry Cafiero mentioned that
the Fedora group) agreed not to do any formal events at "Open Source
World" (the new name) at the San Francisco Moscone Center Aug 12-13. I
hear Microsoft will have a presence at Open Source World this year.

Grant Bowman