[Ubuntu-US-CA] Positive Participation at OSCON 2009

Amber Graner akgraner at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 22:13:56 UTC 2009

Hey everyone!

I wanted to take a moment and tell you all what an amazing time I had at the
Community Leadership Summit and at OSCON with all of the California LoCo
members who participated.

It was really great to say "hi" to other LoCo members and to participate in
the events with you all.

The booth location was in an AWESOME location and you all had so much
traffic through there is was great.  Every time I went to drop something off
or tell you all something it was packed.

I was happy to see that Deb was able to get Mako over for the photo op and
to get you all some books to give away on both days.

You all did a great job in coming together to get the the disks burned
before OSCON and even during OSCON.  It was great for you all to show people
how easily it can be done.

I thought it was great how itnet7 (Chris) just fell in there and you all
incorporated him into your LoCo as if he had been there forever.  I know
personally I felt like I belonged in the group as well.  When people come
together under a common theme and in this case Ubuntu at OSCON it just
works.  Thank you all for being so open to allowing other ubuntu LoCo teams
to participate with you.  You all rocked the "Spirit of Ubuntu" at the
booth!

Grant and Joe seemed to be the face of the welcoming committee. They were
always there, full of energy, and full of great ideas to promote the booth
and ubuntu as a whole.  They were helpful and always up for suggestions
without making anyone feel bad for suggesting anything new.  Thanks for
taking the CD's, Postcards, books, and allowing the photo op, as well as
taking the Linux Pro Magazines back with you all for other members and other
people in the LUG groups as well.  I hope they will help out.

Loved the banner too!  Gave me some great ideas. :-)

Just wanted to tell you all is was great being there and participating when
I could with all of you.  I hope you all get your approved status soon.  You
all rock!  It was really great meeting you all and I know if I was to start
listing everyone I would leave someone off so know it was a great pleasure
to meet you *all*!   I will use the experience with you all as an example of
how to run a booth.

Thanks again, and hope our paths cross soon!
:-) Amber (akgraner)

--
Just me Amber.

There are lots of Linux users who don't care how the kernel works, but only
want to use it. That is a tribute to how good Linux is.
Linus Torvalds