[Ubuntu-US-CA] Ubuntu Global Jam [ & Karmic Release Parties ]

Nathan Haines nhaines at ubuntu.com
Thu Jul 16 22:23:16 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-07-16 at 15:07 -0700, Grant Bowman wrote:
> The Chapman event may not be the only event in California this time
> around.  This year the name has changed to focus on more than just
> bugs.  The "Ubuntu Global Jam" which
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGlobalJam describes includes 1) bugs 2)
> testing 3) translations 4) documentation and 5) other.

So Jono Bacon and Jorge Castro told me.

That's fine, though, because the Chapman even also included a GPG
presentation, installfest activities, information about community
documentation, and other activities.  So we're far, far ahead of the
curve on that score--as were several other LoCos if memory serves.

We've always encouraged multiple events, although this is the first year
that seems to have happened.  If the Jaunty release parties were any
indication then there will probably be more than one California location
for the Bug Jam, which is a single event spanning an entire weekend
globally.

But again, the LoCo-sponsored activities will probably follow the same
basic pattern as last year at Chapman.  I don't have any other plans
other than to see what the LoCo feels up to when it's discussed in a
meeting or on the mailing list--after OSCON.

--
Nathan Haines <nhaines at ubuntu.com>
Ubuntu California Local Community Team