[Ubuntu-US-CA] User Group Link

Nathan Haines nhaines at ubuntu.com
Wed Jul 15 07:22:26 UTC 2009

Bill Kendrick wrote:
> Is the giant LUG list over at Linux Online (linux.org) not sufficient?
> (One nice thing about it, is that it seems to automatically ping groups
> every year, to make sure information is kept up-to-date.  Though, of course,
> I'm not sure how may LUGs _do_ keep their stuff up-to-date there.)

It's a perfect example of the difficulty of the problem.  Cerritos LUG,
which would have been the perfect one for me location-wise, has been
dead for years--yet is still there.  Even keeping things up to date is
an unknown (although it appears a registered account would be sufficient
to submit change requests).  It might be a good idea for LoCo members
who have the time to look into those groups to create an account and see
if any of those listings need updated.

I think it's pretty clear that an up-to-date listing is very
non-trivial, and I certainly don't want the LoCo to have Yet Another
Unreliable List.  Not outside of the scope of coordinating our own
efforts to reach out, at least.  I believe that any list on the Ubuntu
California wiki should be a working document used to keep track of who's
monitoring which groups.

--
Nathan Haines
Ubuntu California Local Community Team