[Ubuntu-US-CA] User Group Link

Robert Wall robertlikesturtles at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 02:31:10 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 6:46 PM, Neal Bussett<neal at bussett.com> wrote:
> Robert Wall wrote:
>> I agree that the layout could do with changing, but I disagree that
>> arbitrarily adding one of our several projects to that section is the
>> way to do that. I'd be more inclined to change the "Get Involved"
>> section to a "Projects" section, and there link all of the active
>> projects that are on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Projects .
>> The "IRC Meetings" link is a duplicate anyway, so we wouldn't lose
>> anything.
>
> I think this is probably something that we should've come up with a long
> time ago, and it'd be a boon to all our projects.  Can you throw
> together a mockup or two of what it will look like currently, and also,
> perhaps, with a few other past project combinations? (for variety of
> length, etc)

I was thinking of something like
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RobertWall/CTMenu1 . I imagine that adding
bullet points or something might help with the multi-line project
names, but the usual asterisk syntax doesn't seem to play nice with
the <<BR>> and single-line quirks in the menu.

--
Robert Wall <robertlikesturtles at gmail.com>
Web: http://www.rww.name/