[Ubuntu-US-CA] Talking Point: Ubuntu One

Indigo Casson atamiser at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 14:30:30 UTC 2009

Ubuntu One, as far as I understand it, is a cloud based application
platform. Currently, their file storage program uses a client server
relationship on multiple clients and a single server to provide near
instantaneous upload and download of chosen files. It would appear almost
identical to Dropbox <www.getdropbox.com> It ensures that all you important
files can be acessed on all your computers.

Is this good? It is but a draft.

-Indigo

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 6:53 PM, Robert Wall <robertlikesturtles at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, 2009-07-09 at 18:50 -0700, Grant Bowman wrote:
> > It currently requires an Ubuntu 9.04
> > Jaunty (or 9.10 Karmic) machine for now but I don't know of any
> > announced or rumored plans to expand that.
>
> There isn't anything solid right now, but there has been discussion
> about it. There's a relevant thread at
> https://lists.launchpad.net/ubuntuone-users/msg00079.html
>
> --
> Robert Wall <robertlikesturtles at gmail.com>
> Web: http://www.rww.name/
> OpenPGP fingerprint: EF31 62BC 85B2 0566 7732 B0B4 7B88 E371 6AB3 FC6C

-Indigo Casson
http://www.geeklob.wordpress.com
Don't argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat
you with experience.
In elementry school, being popular doesn't mean lots of people like you. It
means you can extrude the feeling to all around you that you are popular.

Another month ends. All targets met. All systems working. All customers
satisfied. All staff eager and enthusiastic.
All pigs fed and ready to fly.