[Ubuntu-US-CA] Presentation Topics for SCaLE

alan mjolnar at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 3 03:30:41 UTC 2009

After using Ubuntu for about 9 months, I can't help but laugh at how
afraid I was to take the jump.  People don't realize just how easy it
is, they don't try it because they think it is only for Nerds.  Somehow,
we need to get that across to the general public.  We need to be able to
mass market Ubuntu, the more people using it, the better it gets.

What I would like to see is a booth that would not just show the glitz
with the 3D, but have the people get their hands on and try it to see
how easy it really is.  Selling cars has shown me that you have to test
drive the car to get people to buy.  Is it that much different selling
an O/S?

Lots of luck at the SCaLE
Alan Ostlund