[Ubuntu-US-CA] Presentation Topics for SCaLE

Guy Thouret lists at thouret.co.uk
Mon Feb 2 15:37:51 UTC 2009

To expand on point 3, if you really want to show how Ubuntu integrates
into an existing corporate environment.  I use Intrepid as my everyday
OS and connect over a VPN to my office in the UK and use evolution for
my email.  This is all out of the box stuff (except for installing
network manager vpn package).  I think a demo of connecting over a vpn
to an office network and then setting up evolution to receive email from
an outlook server sounds good as I am sure on first sight, some people
would assume it would not be compatible with their existing setup or
would require purchasing extra software to do so.  Just don't try to
connect to a windows share over the network as this has been broken
since Hardy!

Guy.