[Ubuntu-US-CA] News about Ubuntu Desktop & Canonical CEO

Grant Bowman grantbow at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 10:31:24 UTC 2009

Here are a couple news stories that just came out for those that
haven't seen them yet.

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2009/12/ubuntu-1004-will-bring-panel-overhaul-social-network-menu.ars

Ubuntu 10.04 will bring panel overhaul, social network menu
Canonical has revealed plans to bring social networking integration
and GNOME panel improvements in the next major version of Ubuntu.
Notification area icons will be replaced by a new application
indicator system. The panel will also feature a new Me Menu for
setting messaging status.

By Ryan Paul | Last updated December 17, 2009 8:25 AM

----------

http://linux.slashdot.org/story/09/12/17/1958251/Shuttleworth-To-Step-Down-As-Canonical-CEO-In-2010

LinuxScribe writes:
"In a blog announcement today, Canonical Founder and CEO Mark
Shuttleworth revealed he will be stepping down from his CEO role to be
replaced by current COO Jane Silber. Both execs do not see major
strategic changes on the horizon. Silber's official blog and Linux.com
each have more details on how the change will be implemented."

This item was pointed out to me (much to my surprise) while I was
presenting to the http://www.baylisa.org group yesterday.

Grant Bowman
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam