[Ubuntu-US-CA] Pressed Canonical CD distribution

Robert Wall robertlikesturtles at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 09:12:59 UTC 2009

Hello everyone!

We recently received a shipment of professionally-pressed Ubuntu
Karmic CDs from Canonical and have to figure out what to do with them.
We have the following quantities of CDs to work with:

 * Ubuntu 9.10 Desktop (32-bit): 250
 * Kubuntu 9.10 Desktop (32-bit): 75
 * Ubuntu 9.10 Server (64-bit): 75

We set aside 100 Ubuntu Desktop CDs (and 25 each of Kubuntu and
Server) for SCaLE in February, which leaves 150 Desktop CDs (and 50
each of Kubuntu and Server) for us to work with. After SCaLE, we'll
take another look at our CD situation and redistribute accordingly.

To make distribution easier, Neal and I have split the CDs, so we
should be able to get them to anyone in the state reasonably easily.

We have about 5 months left to distribute these CDs before 10.04 comes
out, so I'd like to get a start on distributing them. Reply to this
on-list if you think you'll need more than a few at a time for
something; if not, contact Neal or me directly so we can arrange to
get some to you.

~ Robert