[Ubuntu-US-CA] Ubuntu INSTALL disc not living up to its whatever.

Kevin Leinenweaver darkesthour111 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 22:30:24 UTC 2009

Eric, i will try to help you, you cant contact me directly via my
email address, darkesthour111 at gmail.com

What i would like to know is if your Hard Drive is being Detected by your BIOS?
This may be above you, but if you boot into the Ubuntu Environment
without installing it(your cd should have this feature, commonly
called Live CD). It should be labeled try ubuntu without installing
it(or something along that line).

If in ubuntu you can see the hard drive, it'll be shown via the file
browser(excuse me if i dont know the exact options i use a different
interface).

If you cant see it, i suspect that is possibly your problem, the
brownout may have caused your hard drive to crash permanently, which
is what i suspect, if only a few files got corrupted Ubuntu would have
handled it alot more gracefully.

Let me know what you see, i'll do what i can!

Kevin Leinenweaver