[Ubuntu-US-CA] Change of Vision/Mission/Purpose

Robert Wall robertlikesturtles at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 01:43:10 UTC 2009

Hi Grant,

( For anyone who doesn't get wiki change notices, and thus isn't sure
what's going on,
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam?action=diff&rev2=165&rev1=164
may be informative! )

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 2:35 PM, Grant Bowman<grantbow at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for demonstrating proactive action with your edit of the group
> Vision/Mission/Purpose on the wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam. I think your
> version is an improvement from what was there before

Thanks!

> but I want to reread
> the relevant parts of the two hour discussion we had that included many
> points about this topic to make sure nothing was overlooked.

Please do, and if I missed including anything, please let me know. One
of my primary focuses with the new version was including relevant
ideas from the previous statement, the text on the Launchpad group
page, etc., so that the new text didn't remove anything (and,
hopefully, is thus uncontroversial). Therefore, if I did miss a point
from those discussions, I'd appreciate it if you could point it out so
I can fix that.

> Do you think
> the purpose of the group is noteworthy enough to create an agenda item for
> our next IRC meeting?

If there's no disagreement about what should and shouldn't be in
there, and nobody has any problems with the new statement, I don't
think we need to spend much time discussing it. I'll add an agenda
item in case anyone missed the mailing list post and has specific
comments, though.

My apologies for the probably-lousy formatting of this message. I'm on
the road right now, and GMail's web interface leaves a lot to be
desired.

Thanks,
~ Robert

--