[Ubuntu-US-CA] FOSSCON canceled?

Neal Bussett neal at bussett.com
Wed Sep 3 03:37:48 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 02, 2008 at 06:18:37PM -0700, Ilan Rabinovitch wrote:
> It looks like the main page has been updated to indicate its been
> delayed.  Others have mentioned its been delayed indefinitely.
>

> "FOSSCON has been moved back by almost a full year. Some things about
> this year were making us a bit queasy and we thought we'd be able to
> bring the community a much better conference if we held it back a year.
> Many apologies for those who have to wait, but we're hoping we'll see
> you next year instead!"

Unfortunately, that part of the website has been up for over a year,
and is actually in response to the fact that FOSSCON was first
slated for 2007, and was postponed (until 2008).  However, I suppose it
is fitting for the current situation, and we can only hope that FOSSCON
will indeed happen in 2009.

Neal Bussett
Ubuntu California