[Ubuntu-US-CA] Use of Social Networking

Joe Smith yasumoto7 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 10:33:58 UTC 2008

I think that overall, having a presence on social networking sites
would be beneficial and help promote/inform. It is not right to jump
the gun and set these up before a confirmed consensus has been reached
by the group as a whole, but what's done is done. One of the biggest
issues, and one which I think is unrelated, is that of us not
maintaining our wiki (I'm pretty guilty, I haven't done my one-a-week
for a while...).

As far as maintainability, I think that at the very least, the
Facebook group can be used as a semi-static page with links to our
'official' web locations. I know that I have done a few searches for
groups over the years for linux and other topics I'm interested in,
and using this as another way to drive traffic might be helpful. If I
got a twitter reminder about the meeting once every two weeks, that'd
be good to get me there too :/

I've set up a few facebook groups, and am pretty active on Twitter, so
at the very least Grant has one backup, but it sounds like it won't be
an issue. Anyways, I want to hear more from Nathan and Neal before I
give a +1, but I do think it's a good plan, and thanks Grant for
getting this going :)

Joe Smith
Student Network Technician
Chapman University IS&T