[Ubuntu-US-CA] Fwd: Ubuntu Live 2008 canceled!?

Daniel Holbert dholbert at cs.stanford.edu
Wed May 21 19:25:42 UTC 2008

Gregory Simonian wrote:
 > This is odd... I've looked online and there's been no indication its
 > been canceled.

The cancellation has now been announced here:

http://en.oreilly.com/ubuntu2008/public/content/home
http://www.linux.com/feature/135834

 From the article:
'In a statement, Canonical says, "We have decided to replace this year's
Ubuntu Live conference -- which was scheduled for July 21-22 in
Portland, OR -- with added content at the OSCON event, scheduled July
21-25 in the same location, as well as with several regional events in
North America and Europe (more to come later). We believe this new
structure will better suit people travelling to Oregon for OSCON anyway
and also those who could not see us there at that time. All registered
attendees, speakers and press have been contacted by O'Reilly with
details of refunds or equivalent offers."'