[Ubuntu-US-CA] Requesting Southern California Speaker June 1, 2008

Loren Osborn linux_dr at yahoo.com
Sat May 17 00:21:22 UTC 2008

Nick Ali <nali at ubuntu.com> from ubuntu-marketing at lists.ubuntu.com suggested I forward this request to this list.
===================================

Dear California Ubuntu Enthusiasts,

I'm a long time member of North Orange County Computer Club (I think
we're currently the oldest local computer club still in existence in
the US). We meet at Chapman University the first Sunday of most months
in Orange, CA... I've been asked to present on Linux at the June 1, 2008 meeting. As the audience is mostly end-users, I think presenting on Ubuntu is the obvious choice. While I do work in a Linux environment
professionally, the majority of my recent experience is server-side
web-development, so I think the club would be much better severed but a
speaker from (or at least very familiar with) Ubuntu.

So, my question is: Would Ubuntu want to send a representative to speak on Ubuntu at the June 1, 2008 NOCCC meeting in Orange, CA?

Thank you,

-Loren