[Ubuntu-US-CA] Slow performance on Firefox 3

Keith Mendoza pantherse at gmail.com
Mon May 5 23:12:01 UTC 2008

Daniel.

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 2:43 PM, Daniel Holbert <dholbert at cs.stanford.edu>
wrote:

> Hi all -- I'm a mozilla developer, and I'd like to help if I can.  (I
> don't see slowness in Firefox 3 on Ubuntu 8.10, for what it's worth.)
>
> Keith Mendoza wrote:
>  > Hi all,
>  >
>  > Have anyone experienced slow performance on page loading on Firefox 3.
>
> Keith / Brian:
>  - Can you provide the URLs of some pages that load slowly now? (Keith
> mentioned gmail, but it'd be easier to troubleshoot using a site that
> doesn't require login)
>  - How consistent is the slowness? (always on these sites, or occasional?)
>  - It's become slow with respect to what? (e.g. Firefox 2? or Firefox 3
> beta, before you upgraded to Hardy?)

Here's one: http://www.flitestart.com/FliteStart.aspx?company=1. In Firefox
2 I never saw it try to fill in the cells with whatever it fills it in with.
I didn't get Firefox 3 until after 8.04 went to official .

> Also, it'd be helpful if you could try out these builds to see if
> they're also slow:
>  - the "firefox-2" package in hardy (after installed, run from command
> line with "firefox-2"
>  - the latest Firefox 3 nightly build from
>
> http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-trunk/firefox-3.0pre.en-US.linux-i686.tar.bz2

I tried this build, actually wrote this email with using this browser. Same
scenario, "star" and "trash" icons still loaded ridiculously slow. The
flitestart.com website did the same thing.

www.savedbycuriosity.com