[Ubuntu-US-CA] Slow performance on Firefox 3

Daniel Holbert dholbert at cs.stanford.edu
Mon May 5 21:43:24 UTC 2008

Hi all -- I'm a mozilla developer, and I'd like to help if I can.  (I
don't see slowness in Firefox 3 on Ubuntu 8.10, for what it's worth.)

Keith Mendoza wrote:
 > Hi all,
 >
 > Have anyone experienced slow performance on page loading on Firefox 3.

Keith / Brian:
  - Can you provide the URLs of some pages that load slowly now? (Keith
mentioned gmail, but it'd be easier to troubleshoot using a site that
doesn't require login)
  - How consistent is the slowness? (always on these sites, or occasional?)
  - It's become slow with respect to what? (e.g. Firefox 2? or Firefox 3
beta, before you upgraded to Hardy?)

Also, it'd be helpful if you could try out these builds to see if
they're also slow:
  - the "firefox-2" package in hardy (after installed, run from command
line with "firefox-2"
  - the latest Firefox 3 nightly build from
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-trunk/firefox-3.0pre.en-US.linux-i686.tar.bz2

It's easiest to test these when you've got *no* other Firefox processes
running -- otherwise, it'll just open up another window for your
currently-running Firefox session.

Thanks,
~Daniel