[Ubuntu-US-CA] Meeting Tonight! (6/29)

Larry Cafiero larry.cafiero at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 00:31:27 BST 2008

I can't make it tonight -- as I've said before, I work Sunday nights
at a daily newspaper and can't get around the firewall and into the
IRC channel. Plus, since I'm the only one on the desk tonight, I can't
take off and go home to get on the IRC channel.

As far as Lindependence 2008 goes, we are having our first
meetings/installfests on July 13 (Sunday) and July 15 (Tuesday) at the
hall at Felton Presbyterian Church. There will be a couple of other
meetings/installfests in the subsequent weeks -- the location hasn't
been determined yet -- and we're hoping to get some Felton residents
to go "Microsoft-free" between July 28 and August 4.

What it would essentially require from the LoCo would be someone,
ideally (but not necessarily) who is fairly local (Silicon Valley/San
Francisco area) who can represent Ubuntu, answer questions about the
distro, help absolute newbs get started with Ubuntu and, hopefully,
have some Live CDs (and whatever else you might think appropriate) to
give out.

If someone wants to be the point guy/gal for the LoCo and contact me
off-list, that would work for me as well.

Larry Cafiero
lcafiero at fixedbylinux.com
831-335-7303
831-706-3299