[Ubuntu-US-CA] Global Bug Jam

Joe Smith yasumoto7 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 22:05:53 UTC 2008

After the meeting last night, some more progress was made on planning our
Bug Jam. Summarized here:

1) We can host it at Chapman, though it can certainly be held elsewhere. We
have decent wireless internet, and I can bring in an extra access
point/switch from work to ensure the best connectivity. Sometimes it's good
to work for the man.

2) We need to figure out when we're holding the event: August 8th (Friday
evening) or August 9th (Saturday during the day). I would prefer Friday,
though a day long event would be cool, and allow everyone ample time to show
up.

3) The general plan is to have a keysigning event (more info on that later),
followed by a presentation about how to triage/squash bugs, and the rest of
the time will be dedicated to working together to make Ubuntu better.

If you're interested in helping out with developing Ubuntu, now's a great
chance. You don't need to know any programming, and it'll be fun to get
everyone together. As always, ideas are welcome and appreciated.

Joe