[Ubuntu-US-CA] Meeting tonight?

Larry Cafiero larry.cafiero at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 05:06:13 UTC 2008

On 6/15/08, Joe Smith <yasumoto7 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think that the event going on in Felton is absolutely
> amazing, and I think that it'll do a lot to increase awareness. Larry, is
> there a big installfest or event you guys are going to have that we could
> come up for? I could probably make it up for a weekend to help out and rep
> the team.

Thanks, Joe.

As for whether any installfest/meeting will be "bigger" than another,
it's hard to say. I think perhaps the first event on July 5 would be
more introductory than the others, where people are getting a taste of
GNU/Linux and FOSS essentially for the first time. So that could be
important, as a matter introducing Ubuntu.

Originally, the idea of having mulitiple installfests/meetings was to
make sure as many people could participate in case the date/dates of
some of the meetings is inconvenient. Also, the idea had been floated
just recently to give a "theme" to the other installfest/meetings --
like making one "security" and another "the importance of FOSS" --
although it hasn't been decided yet if we'll do that (any thoughts?).

Larry Cafiero