[Ubuntu-US-CA] Meeting tonight?

Nathan Haines nhaines at ubuntu.com
Mon Jun 16 01:06:46 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-06-15 at 17:53 -0700, Troy Ready wrote:
> Seems odd that the bay area wouldn't have more active members. Is there a way that we (O.C.'ers) could reach out to Ubuntu enthusiants up north?

I sure wish I knew.  I've certainly heard a lot of complaints that we
don't plan events in Northern California, but when everyone is in
Southern California it isn't really feasible.

I had high hopes that interested persons would come by the Ubuntu booth
to talk about the LoCo team.  One person expressed disappointment that
nothing was happening up there, and another person campe up to me rather
angrily and told me that Ubuntu had better shape up and step forward or
users in the Bay Area would switch to other distros.

So while I hope someone comes up with some other ideas, I can't say my
attempt has been very successful.

--
Nathan Haines <nhaines at ubuntu.com>
Ubuntu California Local Community Team