[Ubuntu-US-CA] Meeting tonight?

Larry Cafiero larry.cafiero at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 22:25:12 UTC 2008

Well, I have an item to discuss, and I suppose it could wait -- who's
playing on ESPN tonight? -- but I had hoped to talk tonight about
Lindependence 2008 in Felton next month.
In fact, I was even going to go home and get on the IRC channel to
participate, since I can never get past the firewall at the newspaper
here.

Actually, we may not have to meet to have this discussion -- I'm more
than glad to have it on list if no one minds.

I'd like to know where the California LoCo stands on it -- essentially
whether Ubuntu is in or out. I think the LoCo's participation in the
month-long event is vital to the project's success -- it's hard to
imagine introducing GNU/Linux to a community without mentioning Ubuntu
-- so I'm hoping that Ubuntu will be represented.

Here's the brief discussion on the forum (starting in March):

Again, I don't actually have to discuss this in the meeting -- but I
would like to know the following:

a.) Is there anyone who wants to represent Ubuntu at the Lindependence
2008 meetings/installfests in Felton next month (preferably, but not
necessarily, those who are nearby, since we're just "over the hill"
from the Silicon Valley -- but everyone's welcome to participate), and

b.) If so, could the person/people involved contact me for details.

Thanks.

Larry Cafiero
HeliOS Solutions West
831-335-7303