[Ubuntu-US-CA] Ubuntu California at SCaLE 2009

Neal Bussett neal at bussett.com
Thu Dec 25 08:56:02 UTC 2008

Howdy guys, hope you're all having a nice holiday.

As many of you know, we're exhibiting at this year's SCaLE
(http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale7x/), where we'll be demonstrating
and promoting Ubuntu.  SCaLE is February 20-22, with the Expo itself on
Saturday and Sunday, and some specialized mini-conferences on Friday.
For more information, the best place to look is their website.

In regards to our booth, we have a 8'x10' booth, and are provided a
single 6' table, two chairs, a network drop, and an electrical outlet or
two.  Everything else we need to provide ourselves.  This is identical
to last year.

We all had a lot of fun and success last year; this year should be even
better.  We'll be more experienced and should be able to spend more time
talking to people about Ubuntu (instead of worrying about CDs).

Right now we're assuming our booth will be similar to last year.  We'll
have a few demonstration computers for people to play with, and a
slideshow running that showcases the features of Ubuntu.  If you have
any ideas or suggestions you'd like to offer, please don't be shy.

I've already set up a wiki page for this year's SCaLE,
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Projects/Scale7x
It's mostly the same as last year; please take a look and fill out
anything you think you would be able to provide, and also add anything
you can think of that we may need (or did need last year that I forgot
about).

Neal Bussett
Ubuntu California