[Ubuntu-US-CA] Idea

allen jamesoppel at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 22:39:10 UTC 2008

Hey guys!

I just had an idea. I am new to the town that I currently live in, and
I'm going to the school later today. It has occured to me that it's
likely there's not too many Ubuntu users here, though there's no real
way to tell and I can well be mistaken. Either way though, I think it
would be a good idea for me to print up some flyers, and out some papers
and make some live cds and try to organize some kind of meeting where I
can give really general information about Ubuntu and hand out live cds.
There's a mathematics and computer science dedicated building, so I'll
see if I can't get someone to let me use a lecture room or something for
the meeting.

This seems like a pretty good idea to me. But this would be the first
time I've organized any kind of technology based meeting, so I would
appreciate a little feedback and any ideas that you may have.

It seems like a really good idea to me, but let me know if you see any
problems with it.

Thanks a lot. I hope the remainder of your holidays are peaceful.

a1len