[Ubuntu-US-CA] Bug Jam Information

Neal Bussett neal at bussett.com
Fri Aug 8 20:32:19 BST 2008

As most of you know, we're participating in the Global Bug Jam this
weekend.  Our Bug Jam is going to be held on Saturday at Chapman
University in the City of Orange.  More specifics on time and place can
be found here on our wiki page:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Projects/GlobalBugJam

For those of you unable to attend:
Bug Jams make heavy use of the IRC channel, so feel free to stop by and
participate online.  We're going to record the presentations (see below)
so you'll be able to take part, even if you aren't physically in the
room.

For everyone attending, we're going to have a GPG presentation/tutorial
that requires you to have *no* prior knowledge  (or prior actions)
related to GPG (or public key cryptography).  It will be a chance for
people to sign the Code of Conduct, and also a chance for us to sign
each others keys.

The Bug Jam itself also requires *no* prior knowledge of launchpad, or
how to triage bugs, or anything like that.  We'll have a crash course,
and we'll be working together on bugs throughout the day as well.
If anyone is interested in stopping by to check out Ubuntu, we'll be
more than happy to show you the ropes, send you home with a CD, and
answer any questions you have.

What to Bring;
Bring your laptops (you'll use it for the Bug Jam, as well as the GPG);
if you don't have a laptop, there will be computers there we can run
from a liveCD, but you'll want to make sure you bring a thumb drive to
carry your GPG key home.

We'll be stopping for lunch at some point during the day, probably
heading to a local eatery.  And be sure to bring small bills for parking
as well.

Neal Bussett
Ubuntu California