[Ubuntu-US-CA] Fwd: ACM EVENT for Computer Science Majors

Joe Smith smith237 at chapman.edu
Thu Aug 7 17:48:35 UTC 2008

Just thought you guys might like to see what was sent out on my school
mailing list. Saturday's going to be awesome :)

Joe Smith

 An invitation from ACM (Association for Computing Machinery)

Dear Computer Science Majors and Minors,

The Chapman University ACM and the Ubuntu California team are hosting a
Global Bug Jam. The event will be this Saturday, August 9th at 10am in
Beckman 207.

This is a day designed to help people become familiar with the free and open
source Linux operating system. We'll have some giveaways, including Ubuntu
For Non-Geeks, thanks to No Starch Press and Firefox lanyards, courtesy of
Mozilla. Open Source Software is a great way to gain experience working with
other developers, and can really help get your name out there.

Check out the event site at *
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Projects/GlobalBugJam
*
Best,