[Ubuntu-US-CA] Maps Update

Tom Haddon tom at greenleaftech.net
Sat Sep 15 18:08:45 UTC 2007

Hi Folks,

I've begun to make some changes/improvements to the Locomaps application
which means that it can pull data out of Launchpad based on the nickname
you specify. Currently I'm just proof-of-concept-ing it by pulling out
your avatar if you have one, but the structure's in place to do more (I
think it would be useful to pull IRC, Jabber and possibly more info as
well). I'm not overly happy with the code just yet, but am hoping to
polish it up a bit.

http://www.ubuntulocomaps.org/california_loco_team/

Just a note that clicking visiting the "refresh" URL will now take a
little longer as it'll do lookups on everyone's Launchpad page to get
the info.

Next steps - https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/locomaps/ :

- Add more info from Launchpad (let me know if you have any suggestions
for what makes sense)
- Work on a better design for the site

Thanks, Tom
--