[Ubuntu-US-CA] Maps: proposed change

Brian Mathis bmathis at bmnetworking.com
Thu Sep 6 19:50:16 UTC 2007

Sounds like a plan

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Haddon <tom at greenleaftech.net>

Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 11:17:55
To:ubuntu-us-ca at lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: [Ubuntu-US-CA] Maps: proposed change

Hi Folks,

I'm proposing a change to the Maps setup. Currently we list people based
on IRC nickname. I think it would make more sense to change that to
Launchpad ID. I can then provide a link to each person's Launchpad
homepage, and that way, people can get IRC nickname (if you list it),
email address (if they're logged in to Launchpad), etc.

I can also probably pull out some things like the user's avatar as well,
which might be nice.

If there are no serious objections, I'll go ahead with that (and then
you'll need to update your listings). I'm also planning to provide a
nicer stylesheet/theme for the map page. If anyone wanted to help out
there (as I'm not much of an HTML style guru) that'd be much
appreciated.

Cheers, Tom
--

Tom Haddon