[Ubuntu-US-CA] IRC Meeting 7PM Today and Installfest Location Issue

Neal Bussett neal at bussett.com
Sun Oct 21 22:48:13 UTC 2007

Joe Smith wrote:
> Until I call the Calendaring Office and confirm that there really are no
> open rooms, it seems that the options are to either host it at an
> alternate location or push it back a bit, which may or may not work
> depending on everyone's schedule. Send a reply to the list and show up
> to the meeting, and we'll work this out just fine.

Charles Wyble had previously offered to host an install fest on the
weekend of the 4th (this would be one week later).  I haven't spoken
with him personally after the scheduling conflict arose to see if his
offer still stands, but if he's still willing, that could be a
relatively painless change (in the date and location).  The extra week's
delay shouldn't cause any trouble, unless individuals have conflicts.

As an update for what we've got planned so far, besides the install fest
aspect, our very own Nathan Haines has offered to give a presentation on
GPG/PGP and its usage.  It looks to be an exciting event, regardless of
when and where it actually happens.

I encourage everyone to speak up on the issue, especially if the change
in date affects your availability.  Also, if you have anything else
you'd like to do, we still have plenty of time (regardless of the date)
to see if we can't make it happen.

Neal Bussett
Ubuntu California