[Ubuntu-US-CA] very new needs help.

Dennis Heinson dheinson at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 30 16:12:00 UTC 2007

You cannot boot from a RAM disk. RAM is not persistent and gets erased on
each reboot. That's why the operating system is usually stored on the hard
disk, which does not lose date on power down.

Flash memory does not either, and so I think that a USB or Flash Drive would
be a good alternative to a permanent install on a hard drive. Google Ubuntu
USB stick, it should come up with something.

Then again, Ubuntu installs a dual boot system by default. That means you
don't lose your previous operating system, only some hard drive storage
space.

So this might be an alternative too.

Regards,
Dennis