Ubuntu-California Meeting / Leadership

neal at bussett.com neal at bussett.com
Sun Aug 5 10:08:15 UTC 2007

As some of you may already know, Carl (rennen01) has resigned his post as
leader of the California LoCo team and I have taken up the reigns.

I am looking forward to working with and getting to know all of you in the
future as we work to get our LoCo team back into gear.

One of the first things we need to do is hold a meeting so to swap some
ideas and get everyone more or less on the same page. Tentatively, we'll
be holding our first meeting next Sunday (8/12) sometime in the evening
(we're thinking like 6 or 7pm) in our IRC channel, #ubuntu-california. I'd
like to see if most people can make this time before we set it in stone,
so please respond within the next few days in that regard. Unfortunately,
as with most groups of this size, we won't be able to accommodate
everyone's schedule, but I'd like to have as many people there as
possible. For those who aren't there, logs will be available.

Speaking of the IRC channel, as a LoCo team we have a number of resources
available to us for communication, and I encourage you all to utilize as
many as you're comfortable with.
*  IRC: #ubuntu-california on irc.freenode.org (which is what
irc.ubuntu.com is aliased to, and is the default server in Xchat at least)
- used for general communication, as well as the place where meetings are
held
*  Web forum: http://california.ubuntuforums.org - general communication
general communication
*  Web page: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam - Used as a webpage
(obviously), including meeting agendas, meeting logs, and any other things
where being a wiki is helpful.
*  Launchpad: https://launchpad.net/~california.team - Used primarily as a
team roster

If you have any questions or suggestions or whatnot, feel free to reply
here, stop by IRC and chat, send smoke signals, whatever. And as a
reminder (since I covered it way up there), if you think a different time
would be better, please mention/discuss below. We'll try and finalize the
time/date for this initial meeting by Tuesday or so.

I look forward to seeing you all Sunday!

Neal Bussett,
Flannel