[ubuntu-arizona] Self-Introduction: William Brawner

William Brawner me at wbrawner.com
Fri Jan 10 03:58:51 UTC 2020

Hi everyone! My name is William. I moved up to Phoenix in April of last year, and recently decided to look for some Linux groups to get involved with. I just met Todd tonight at the Phoenix Ubuntu Hour and hope to be able to make it to some of the Saturday events in Tempe.

I got into Linux about 5 years ago, because I wanted to get out of teaching and into development. Nowadays I work as an Android Developer at AmEx, though previously I worked as a web developer and a Linux SysAdmin. I'm self-taught, but in the future I'd like to get into something a bit more challenging, like InfoSec or embedded systems development. Most of the Linux-y stuff I do is in my free time, as I like to self-host a lot of services instead of relying on Google or Apple.

Anyways, I look forward to getting involved with the community and meeting more of you!

Regards,

--
William Brawner
Email: me at wbrawner.com