[ubuntu-arizona] AZLOCO meeting 2017-02-05

Rex Bouwense majb at azloco.com
Mon Feb 6 04:38:23 UTC 2017

== Meeting information ==
  * #Ubuntu-US-AZ Meeting, 06 Feb at 04:00 — 04:24 UTC
  * Full logs at
[[http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-us-az/2017/ubuntu-us-az.2017-02-06-04.00.log.html]]

== Meeting summary ==

''LINK:'' http://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArizonaTeam
''LINK:'' https://www.facebook.com/UbuntuAZTeam
''LINK:'' https://www.meetup.com/Ubuntu-Arizona/
''LINK:''
http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/01/31/hyperloop-competition-brings-new-mass-transit-technology-to-life-in-hawthorne-7/

''LINK:''
https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial/how-to-capture-and-stream-your-gaming-session-on-linux/

''LINK:''
https://enterprisersproject.com/article/2017/1/red-hat-cio-shares-4-tips-new-leaders-go-beyond-100-day-plan

''LINK:''
https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articles/an-interview-with-simon-roth-the-developer-of-space-colony-simulator-maia.9026

''LINK:''
https://www.cnet.com/news/nfl-sports-startup-pitch-competition-super-bowl-1st-future/#ftag=CAD590a51e

''LINK:''
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article130772249.html

''LINK:''
http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/Asus-Tinker-Board-Joins-Raspberry-Pi-on-the-Bargain-Table-84257.html

''LINK:'' http://www.tecmint.com/create-a-shared-directory-in-linux/
''LINK:''
http://phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Fedora-26-LDC-1.1-GNOME-3.24
''LINK:''
http://news.softpedia.com/news/andex-project-now-lets-you-run-android-7-1-1-nougat-live-on-your-pc-or-laptop-512496.shtml

''LINK:'' https://opensource.com/article/17/2/cozy-personal-cloud
''LINK:'' http://www.tecmint.com/create-a-shared-directory-in-linux/
''LINK:''
https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial/how-to-install-otrs-on-centos-7/
''LINK:''
https://www.linux.com/learn/security/2017/2/introduction-shorewall-firewall-tool

''LINK:''
https://www.linux.com/blog/compliance-ebook/2017/2/7-elements-open-source-management-program-strategy-and-process

''LINK:''
http://thenewstack.io/minimal-data-loss-gitlab-leads-major-review-restore-processes/

''LINK:''
http://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-configure-ubuntu-linux-server-as-a-domain-controller-with-samba-tool/

''LINK:''
http://www.serverwatch.com/server-news/coreos-drives-container-management-forward-with-tectonic-1.5.html

''LINK:''
https://www.ostechnix.com/configure-ssh-key-based-authentication-linux/
''LINK:'' https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArizonaTeam/TeamProjects
''LINK:'' http://www.canonical.com/careers/all-vacancies
''LINK:'' https://faithlife.com/jobs/SoftwareDeveloper
''LINK:'' http://ubuntuonair.com/calendar but often not updated till the
event starts
''LINK:'' http://ubuntuonair.com/
''LINK:''
http://phxlinux.org/index.php/meetings/14-east-valley-meeting.html
''LINK:'' https://plus.google.com/events/c8hs9ci89e0vvba0nrii3rdbp38
''LINK:''
https://www.socallinuxexpo.org/blog/scale-15x-registration-now-open
''LINK:''
https://www.linuxfestnorthwest.org/2017/news/2017-call-presentations-open
''LINK:''
https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/five-states-are-considering-bills-to-legalize-the-right-to-repair-electronics

== Vote results ==

== Done items ==

  * (none)

== People present (lines said) ==

  * stephenm (52)
  * Ron_A (51)
  * MajB (23)
  * xHans (12)
  * toddcnb (11)
  * meetingology (3)
  * pavlos (2)
  * toddc (2)
  * RioOfTheWind (1)
  * superfly (1)
  * markthomas (1)
  * wmack (1)

== Full Log ==

  04:00 <Ron_A> #startmeeting

  04:00 <meetingology> Meeting started Mon Feb  6 04:00:34 2017 UTC.
The chair is Ron_A. Information about MeetBot at
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.

  04:00 <meetingology>

  04:00 <meetingology> Available commands: action commands idea info
link nick

  04:00 <Ron_A> Welcome to AZLoCo IRC Meeting Please sign in with a +1

  04:00 <Ron_A> +1

  04:00 <markthomas> +1

  04:00 <MajB> +1

  04:00 <pavlos> +1

  04:00 <stephenm> +1

  04:00 <toddc> +1

  04:00 <RioOfTheWind> +1

  04:01 <superfly> +1

  04:01 <Ron_A> Star Date 47634.44

  04:01 <Ron_A> Team Website is http://azloco.org/

  04:01 <Ron_A> IRC stats http://www.azloco.com/~ircstats/

  04:01 <Ron_A> Team membership

  04:02 <Ron_A> Team events portal
http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/ubuntu-arizona/

  04:02 <Ron_A> http://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArizonaTeam

  04:02 <wmack> +1

  04:02 <Ron_A> https://www.facebook.com/UbuntuAZTeam

  04:02 <Ron_A> Feel free to make comments and add input to our meeting
at anytime.

  04:03 <Ron_A> Anyone that would like to contribute to the weekly news
items may add them to this list
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GWAvccPcqzG3CqhAyQ-7LmQ-lIy5F2taNPpxuAVIrzk/edit?usp=sharing

  04:03 <Ron_A> lets start with the news

  04:03 <Ron_A> stephenm will be bring us the news tonight!

  04:03 <toddcnb> +1

  04:03 <stephenm> As always there is the global news and then it gets
more specific

  04:03 <toddcnb> https://www.meetup.com/Ubuntu-Arizona/

  04:03 <stephenm> Elon Musk�s hyperloop competition brings new
mass-transit technology to life in Southern California

  04:03 <stephenm>
http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/01/31/hyperloop-competition-brings-new-mass-transit-technology-to-life-in-hawthorne-7/

  04:04 <stephenm> This is a great article, need more ppl like him

  04:04 <stephenm> Retro Gaming with RetrOrangePi
3.0http://piboards.com/2017/01/31/review-retro-gaming-with-retrorangepi-3-0/

  04:04 <stephenm> i don't know how far back Retro games is honestly so
it might go back to just Gen Y kids

  04:04 <stephenm> How to capture and stream your gaming session on Linux

  04:04 <stephenm>
https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial/how-to-capture-and-stream-your-gaming-session-on-linux/

  04:04 <stephenm> Red Hat CIO shares 4 tactics to make the most of your
first 100 days on the job

  04:04 <stephenm>
https://enterprisersproject.com/article/2017/1/red-hat-cio-shares-4-tips-new-leaders-go-beyond-100-day-plan

  04:05 <stephenm> I'd say these tactics could work in any level of your
career though would help to have a first job though.

  04:05 <stephenm> An interview with Simon Roth, the developer of space
colony simulator 'Maia'

  04:05 <stephenm>
https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articles/an-interview-with-simon-roth-the-developer-of-space-colony-simulator-maia.9026

  04:05 <stephenm> NFL awards startups aiming to improve player health
and safety

  04:05 <stephenm>
https://www.cnet.com/news/nfl-sports-startup-pitch-competition-super-bowl-1st-future/#ftag=CAD590a51e

  04:05 <stephenm> Computer coding as a foreign language?

  04:05 <stephenm>
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article130772249.html

  04:06 <stephenm> Odd concept but there should be important in today's
society

  04:06 <stephenm> Asus Tinker Board Joins Raspberry Pi on the Bargain
Table

  04:06 <stephenm>
http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/Asus-Tinker-Board-Joins-Raspberry-Pi-on-the-Bargain-Table-84257.html

  04:06 <stephenm> Please thank Ron_A for this one

  04:07 <stephenm> Its and awesome concept

  04:07 <stephenm> How to Create a Shared Directory for All Users in Linux

  04:07 <stephenm>
http://www.tecmint.com/create-a-shared-directory-in-linux/

  04:07 <stephenm> GNOME 3.24, LDC 1.1 & Minimal Container Image
Proposed For Fedora 26

  04:07 <stephenm>
http://phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Fedora-26-LDC-1.1-GNOME-3.24

  04:07 <stephenm> AndEX Project Now Lets You Run Android 7.1.1 Nougat
Live on Your PC or Laptop

  04:07 <stephenm>
http://news.softpedia.com/news/andex-project-now-lets-you-run-android-7-1-1-nougat-live-on-your-pc-or-laptop-512496.shtml

  04:07 <stephenm> Building your own personal cloud with Cozy

  04:07 <stephenm> https://opensource.com/article/17/2/cozy-personal-cloud

  04:08 <stephenm> Here something someone can talk about, how to build
there own cloud

  04:08 <stephenm> How to Create a Shared Directory for All Users in Linux

  04:08 <stephenm>
http://www.tecmint.com/create-a-shared-directory-in-linux/

  04:08 <stephenm> How to install OTRS (OpenSource Trouble Ticket
System) on CentOS 7

  04:08 <stephenm>
https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial/how-to-install-otrs-on-centos-7/

  04:08 <stephenm> An Introduction to the Shorewall Firewall Tool

  04:08 <stephenm>
https://www.linux.com/learn/security/2017/2/introduction-shorewall-firewall-tool

  04:08 <stephenm> The 7 Elements of an Open Source Management Program:
Strategy and Process

  04:08 <stephenm>
https://www.linux.com/blog/compliance-ebook/2017/2/7-elements-open-source-management-program-strategy-and-process

  04:08 <stephenm> GitLab Data Loss Incident Prompts a Review of its
Restore Processes

  04:09 <stephenm>
http://thenewstack.io/minimal-data-loss-gitlab-leads-major-review-restore-processes/

  04:09 <stephenm> How to configure Ubuntu Linux server as a Domain
Controller with samba-tool

  04:09 <stephenm>
http://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-configure-ubuntu-linux-server-as-a-domain-controller-with-samba-tool/

  04:09 <stephenm> CoreOS Drives Container Management Forward with
Tectonic 1.5

  04:09 <stephenm>
http://www.serverwatch.com/server-news/coreos-drives-container-management-forward-with-tectonic-1.5.html

  04:09 <stephenm> How To Configure SSH Key-based Authentication In Linux

  04:09 <stephenm>
https://www.ostechnix.com/configure-ssh-key-based-authentication-linux/

  04:09 <stephenm> That's all for tonight folks

  04:09 <Ron_A> Great job stephenm!

  04:09 <stephenm> back to you Ron_A

  04:09 <stephenm> thank you

  04:09 <Ron_A> Is there any other news we missed?

  04:10 <Ron_A> We have a team projects if anyone would like to take on
a project

  04:10 <Ron_A> Team Projects Page

  04:10 <Ron_A> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArizonaTeam/TeamProjects

  04:10 <Ron_A> We are still getting lots of hits on azloco.org since we
started posting articles and would like to continue to add articles.

  04:10 <Ron_A> See any adminitrator for access to the blogs and any
that should be moved to the front page let us know about it.

  04:11 <Ron_A> LINUX QUOTES/JOKES

  04:11 <Ron_A> linux is highly user friendly,

  04:11 <Ron_A> it is just highly selective who it is friends with.

  04:11 <Ron_A> % make love

  04:11 <Ron_A> Make: Don't know how to make love. Stop.

  04:12 <Ron_A> 322 current canonical Jobs today

  04:12 <Ron_A> 22 current canonical Jobs today

  04:12 <Ron_A> http://www.canonical.com/careers/all-vacancies

  04:12 <toddcnb> Sr. Systems Administrator and MySQL Database
Administrator https://www.phone.com/careers/sr-systems-administrator/

  04:12 <Ron_A> Software Developer Tempe

  04:12 <Ron_A> https://faithlife.com/jobs/SoftwareDeveloper

  04:13 <toddcnb> Site Reliability Engineer+
https://www.datadoghq.com/careers/detail/?gh_jid=88569

  04:13 <Ron_A> TEAM SERVER NEWS

  04:13 <Ron_A> If you would like a Owncloud account on the team server
contact any team admin

  04:13 <Ron_A> UP COMMING EVENTS is brought to us by MajB tonight!

  04:13 <MajB> AZLOCO Events and Activities:

  04:13 <MajB> Detailed information with map locations can be found on
our web site http://azloco.org/node/28

  04:14 <MajB> 18 February, AZLOCO/PLUG Installfest/Linux Workshop,
1000-1600 Location TBA.  UAT is not available due to scheduling
problems.  Anyone can attend.  All are welcome.  We can install most
Linux distributions on personal computers, servers, routers, Raspberry
Pi's or almost anything running that Linux can run on.  We are also
happy to guide you through fixing problems, answer your questions or
simply discuss Free and Open Source Software.  Bring your pers

  04:14 <MajB> 23 February, Sierra Vista Ubuntu Hour, 1800-1900,
Schlotzsky's Cafe, 3900 Fry Blvd., Sierra Vista.  An hour to take time
out of your busy schedule to relax, have a cup of coffee, talk about
Ubuntu, Linux, and FOSS, and perhaps discover a different operating
system for your personal computer that is free to download, free to
install, free to use, and free to change to meet your own personal desires.

  04:14 <toddc> check tha calendar for location changes

  04:14 <MajB> 23 February, Tempe Ubuntu Hour, 1900-2000, Xtreme Bean,
1707 E. Southern Ave., Tempe.           Come and meet us or ask
questions and learn Linux open source or just hang for a bit with other
users.

  04:14 <MajB> 02 March, Tempe Ubuntu Hour, 1900-2000, Xtreme Bean, 1707
E. Southern Ave., Tempe.           Come out and meet us or ask questions
and learn Linux open source or just hang for a bit with other users.

  04:15 <MajB> 04 March, AZLOCO/PLUG Installfest/Linux Workshop,
1000-1600 University of Advancing Technology, 2625 W. Baseline Rd.,
Tempe.  Anyone can attend.  All are welcome.  We can install most Linux
distributions on personal computers, servers, routers, Raspberry Pi's or
almost anything running that Linux can run on.  We are also happy to
guide you through fixing problems, answer your questions or simply
discuss Free and Open Source Software.  Bring your person

  04:15 <MajB> Back to you Ron_A

  04:15 <Ron_A> Thank you MajB

  04:15 <Ron_A> ubuntu on air

  04:15 <Ron_A> http://ubuntuonair.com/calendar but often not updated
till the event starts

  04:16 <Ron_A> http://ubuntuonair.com/

  04:16 <Ron_A> Ubuntu Community Team Q&A

  04:16 <Ron_A> When Tue,Feb 7 8-9am

  04:16 <Ron_A> Where#ubuntu-on-air on irc.freenode.net also be advised
they are moving to you-tube soon

  04:17 <Ron_A> xHans would you like to do the Plug news and events?

  04:17 <xHans> ja, danke

  04:17 <xHans> PLUG is this Thursday at 19:00

  04:17 <xHans> February topics are "What Mr. Robot Gets Right" and
etckeeper

  04:17 <xHans>
http://phxlinux.org/index.php/meetings/14-east-valley-meeting.html

  04:17 <xHans> https://plus.google.com/events/c8hs9ci89e0vvba0nrii3rdbp38

  04:18 <xHans> The Free Software Stammtisch is two weeks from Tuesday
on the 21st

  04:18 <xHans> SCaLE registration is open, extra hotel rooms have been
added to the block

  04:18 <xHans>
https://www.socallinuxexpo.org/blog/scale-15x-registration-now-open

  04:18 <xHans> use code 'PLUG' for 50% off registration

  04:18 <xHans> LinuxFest Northwest cfp is open

  04:18 <xHans>
https://www.linuxfestnorthwest.org/2017/news/2017-call-presentations-open

  04:18 <xHans> Thanks again for the cross-group cooperation!

  04:19 <Ron_A> Thank you x?Hans for all the assistance and all the plug
events

  04:19 <Ron_A> And now Majb with OTHER LUG EVENTS

  04:19 <MajB> AZ LUG Activities.

  04:19 <MajB> Detailed information for each LUG activity with map
locations can be found at http://www.azloco.org/node/225

  04:19 <MajB> Tucson Linux Meet-up meeting on 7 February 7-8 pm.

  04:19 <MajB> Location:  Cartel Coffee Lab 2502 North Campbell Avenue,
Tucson AZ https://www.meetup.com/Tucson-Linux-Meetup/

  04:19 <MajB> Cochise Linux User Group meeting on 8 February 5-6 pm.
University of Arizona, Sierra Vista campus, Learning Resource Center,
1140 Colombo Ave., Sierra Vista AZ. http://cochiselinux.com

  04:19 <MajB> Sunland Linux   User Group (SLUG) meeting on 8 February
6-8 pm.  Sunland Village East, The Computer Club Training Facility, 2145
S. Farnsworth Dr., Mesa AZ. http://www.svecc.com/SLUG/slug.htm

  04:20 <MajB> Linux User Group of Yavapai Countu (LUGY) (social
gathering) on 14 February 6:30-9:30 pm. Location TBS See
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/lugy/conversations/messages for
latest information on Location.

  04:20 <MajB> Cochise Linux User Group meeting on 25 February, Sierra
Vista public library conference room

  04:20 <MajB> 1:00-3:45 pm, 2600 E. Tacoma St. Sierra Vista AZ.
http://cochiselinux.com

  04:20 <MajB> Tucson Computer Society, Linux Special Interest Group
meeting on 26 February 3-5 pm.  Adam D. Technology, 71 W. Jacinto St.,
Tucson, AZ. http://www.aztcs.org/sigs/linux.shtml.

  04:20 <MajB> Phoenix2600 meeting on 03 March 6-7 pm. HeatSync Labs,
140 W. Main St., Mesa AZ. http://phx2600.org

  04:20 <MajB> That's all folks

  04:20 <Ron_A> Thank you MajB !

  04:20 <Ron_A> toddcnb has something for us

  04:21 <toddcnb> Five States Are Considering Bills to Legalize the
'Right to Repair' Electronics

  04:21 <toddcnb>
https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/five-states-are-considering-bills-to-legalize-the-right-to-repair-electronics

  04:21 <Ron_A> Any thoughts on other events or projects???

  04:21 <toddcnb> Invite friends to SSH into your laptop using their
Github handle http://gravitational.com/blog/instant-ssh-github/

  04:21 <Ron_A> that is all I have anyone have anything else to bring up?

  04:22 <toddcnb> we have three new ubuntu members one pending final vote

  04:22 <MajB> HooRah

  04:22 <toddcnb> mark wmack pavlos

  04:22 <toddcnb> please thank them

  04:23 <pavlos> I'm pending ...

  04:23 <MajB> UbuCon will returning to SCALE 15x and will be held
Thursday March 2nd and Friday, March 3rd, prior to the main Expo.  Part
unconference, part scheduled sessions, the SCALE 15x UbuCon will cover
what is going on within the Ubuntu community and how to improve the
community.  As with last year, UbuCon Summit will is multi day and multi
track. One track dedicated to user content and the other dedicated to
developer content.  Attendees are encouraged to vo

  04:23 <stephenm> congrat to mark wmack and pavlos

  04:23 <toddcnb> ubuntu mebers are based on long term contributions to
linux and open source

  04:23 <Ron_A> great meeting tonight that is all I have anyone have
anything else?

  04:24 <Ron_A> #endmeeting

Generated by MeetBot 0.1.5 (http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology)